Born in 1974 in Oran, Algeria. She lives and works in Bordeaux, France.
After graduating from École nationale supérieure des Beaux- Arts of Paris, Dalila Dalléas Bouzar left for a 6 months long art residency in Oran, Algeria. From 2010 to 2014, she lived in berlin where she participated in several international exhibitions. During this time, she returned to her preferred medium: drawing. Through its history and memorials, the city of Berlin inspired her. In 2011, she returned to Algeria to she returned to Algeria to develop a reflection on the memory of the traumatic history of the Algerian independence war and the civil war that occurred during the nineties. Nowadays, Dalila Dalléas Bouzar essentially draws and paints. She punctually works in 3D using materials such as plaster, cement or wax.
In 2016, she is selected to participate in the Dakar Biennale international exhibition curated by Simon Njami and Galerie Cécile Fakhoury dedicated to her the solo show in her room. In 2017, she won the prize “L’Art est Vivant” at the Art Paris art Fair.
‘‘ Self-portrait, child portrait, hotel rooms and architecture drawings, child sculpture made of reinforced concrete, warrior penguins made of plaster, colors – green, umber, raw umber, burnt sienna, Prussian blue, cereleum, ultramarine, titanium white, zinc white, pink, flesh pink. My painting is a quest for flesh pink. The pink of the skin, of the flesh. I’m obsessed with pink. Pink makes me think of cannibalism. Eating human flesh. Eating yourself. The taboo. Since I started painting, I paint self-portraits, as if it were a statement, as if I had to convince myself that I exist. Algerian, born from a construction worker father who immigrated to France, I used to admire art from afar. Painting, a supreme and sacred art to my eyes has particularly always been taboo to me. Through painting, I free myself. I free myself of my personal history and of the contemporary history of the world, which dictates that an African female artist coming from European ex-colonies must do new media, art and talk about topical issues, and above all must not express herself through painting. Drawing is my foundation, painting is my main field, sculpture is its natural extension.’’ Dalila Dalléas Bouzar
2017 • "in her room", Galerie Cécile Fakhoury, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
2015 • "Hoor's dream and Soléman", Galerie Mamia Brétesché, Paris
2014 • "Malaïka", Street Art, Brossac cdc4b, France
2012 • "Topographie de la terreur", Galerie Listros, Berlin
• "Algérie Année 0", Institut Français d'Oran, Algérie
• "Algérie Année 0", Médiathèque Nelson Mandela, Vitry sur Seine, France
2017 • Art Paris Art Fair, Galerie Cécile Fakhoury – Abidjan, Paris, France
• ‘‘Mix[cités]’‘, Galerie GVCC, Casablanca, Morocco
• ‘‘Festival Instants Vidéos’‘, La Fosse, Marseilles, France
• ‘‘FLASH!’‘, Galerie D.X, Bordeaux, France
• ‘‘AnneXafriques’‘, Roche de Palmer, Cenon, France
• ‘‘Festival international d’art vidéo de Casablanca ’‘, Institut Français, Université Hassan II, Morocco
2016 • "Réenchantements", International Exhibition, 12th Dakar Biennale, Senegal
• "Excalibitur", St Martin 18, Lausanne, Switzerland
• "Who's dream", Zaad, Zone d'activité artistique à domicile, Bordeaux
• ‘‘Fish Man’‘, Collectif E3, Arles, France
• "Envie d'identité", performance in the frame of Bordeaux Metropolitan Summer, France
2015 • Beiruth Art Fair, Galerie Mamia Brétesché, Lebanon
• "Yesternow", Baalhaus Naunynstrasse, Berlin, Germany
2014 • "Liberté, mon amour - le prisonnier politique et son combat", Fête de l'humanité, Paris, France
2013 • "Körnelia - Goldrausch 2013", Galerie am Körnerpark, Berlin Art Week, Germany
• "A nos pères", Galerie 2.13pm, Paris, France
2012 • "Amnésia", Galerie Karima Célestin, Marseille, France
2011 • "Nomads-Settled", Kunstraum Béthanien, Berlin, Germany
• "Here and Now…Amnésia", Savvy contemporary, Berlin, Germany
2010 • "Between two Cities", Galerie G11, Berlin, Germany
• International exhibition, 9th Dakar Biennale, Senegal
• FOCUS 10, Off of Art Fair Basel, Switzerland
2011 • French Institute, Pointe-Noire, Congo
2004 • Staro Selo Museum, Serbia
2003 • Appartements, Oran, Algérie
• FRAC Marseille
• Fondation Lazaar
• Museum Staro Selo
• World Bank Fondation
2013 • "Monographie", published by Goldrausch Künstlerinnenprojekt
2012 • "Algérie Année 0 ou quand commence la mémoire", published by Barzakh, Alger
• "Estetisk rensning", Essay on art by Dan Jönsson, published by 10TAL, Stockholm
2003 • Graduate from Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-arts de Paris, DNSAP
1997 • Licence in biology, Université Pierre et Marie curie, Paris
2017 • Laureate of "Prix l'Art est Vivant", Art Paris Art Fair 2017, France
2013 • Laureate of "Goldrausch Künstlerinnen Projekt It", Programme Postdiplôme, Berlin
2004 • Laureate of "Défi jeune du ministère de la jeunesse et des sports"
2003 • Laureate of "Fondation pour la vocation Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet"
1999 • Lauréate of Paris City Hall "Adventure Scholarship"